by Structured Settlement Watchdog
Robert Ostrov has exposed himself as a dishonest and unethical candidate for judge by intentionally stating that his structured settlement industry activities ended in 2011. Like his campaign web page Ostrov has left material omissions from his Linkedin profile. It's not a little lie, it's 4 frickin' years of a lie. Ostrov admits he worked in the structured settlement industry but for reasons unknown, he has intentionally concealed his involvement for 4 years from 2011-2015 implying that there's something that he'd rather you not know.
What Has Robert Ostrov Selectively Omitted From His Linkedin?
Rob Ostrov has omitted his ownership and involvement with the following companies that purchase structured settlement payment rights for a discounted lump sum from often desperate and unsophisticated tort victims. Note the time frames carefully.
- Here is an April 14, 2011 announcement where Woodbridge Structured Funding says that it " Adds Robert Ostrov to Legal team". The Woodbridge press release also said "Most recently Robert Ostrov served as General Counsel for Client First Settlement Funding, LLC. This is also in a Zoom info search. Why would a candidate for public office omit a position in which he served as co-general counsel?
- Ozark Funding Established in PA 10/3/2011 [this is the 4th involvement Ostrov had in 2011!]
- Franklin Settlements Established 05/22/2012 Wyoming. Calls to Franklin back in 2012 resolved to the same number as Ozark. Franklin was associated with Einstein Structured Settlements, a serial brand jacker and provider of poor inaccurate content about structured settlements to consumers. The Franklin Settlements website was registered the day after Einstein and used the same IP address and the websites engaged in the game of IP musical chairs as documented here. It is well documented that at the time Franklin became associated with Einstein, Richart Ruddie was a defendant in a lawsuit alleging conspiracy and deceptive trade practices and Einstein was using fake paid testimonials to promote its business and creating aliases with fraudulent academic credentials like a fake law degree from Yale. "Well vetted" Robert Ostrov. Could Palm Beach County litigants expect same quality of vetting if Robert Ostrov is elected judge?
- Eagle Settlement Funding 2013-2014 Ostrov has omitted his ownership and involvement in Eagle Settlements LP, another settlement purchaser. Download LL003162 Eagle Settlements Ostrov quite clearly was partner 2013-2015. Court records in Palm Beach County 50-2014-CA-012924 show that Ostrov sued his former partners at the end of that relationship on October 22, 2014, but the matter was voluntarily dismissed shortly thereafter in March 2015. If one does a little digging one discovers that one of Ostrov listed endorsers is Chrissy Eynon, one of Ostrov's business partners in Eagle Settlements. Here is the BBB report for Eagle Settlements where Robert Ostrov is listed as the Principal and Chrissy Eynon is right there with him. Download Eagle Settlements LLP Business Review in Altamonte Springs, FL - Central Florida BBB Why did Ostrov selectively omit that he was even involved as an owner in the business. Do Palm Beach voters want a judge whose judgment call includes selectively omitting material facts to Palm Beach voters?
- A Zoominfo search for Robert Ostrov also shows that he worked for the insurer AIG
Further information is presented in my August 3 2016 post Palm Beach Judicial Candidate Ostrov Omits Material Facts on CV Related to His Structured Settlement Past
I don't live in Palm Beach County but I wouldn't even ask questions. I simply would not vote for Robert Ostrov.
“People think that a liar gains a victory over his victim. What I’ve learned is that a lie is an act of self-abdication, because one surrenders one’s reality to the person to whom one lies, making that person one’s master, condemning oneself from then on to faking the sort of reality that person’s view requires to be faked…The man who lies to the world, is the world’s slave from then on…There are no white lies, there is only the blackest of destruction, and a white lie is the blackest of all.”
― Ayn Rand,